Freedom WOD Classes
Warm Up: 6 mins
5 Jefferson Curls
10 Strict Knee Raise
Then: 3 Min DU Practice
Strength: 15 mins
10 Min EMOM
1 Power Snatch
Mobility: 4 Mins
Hamstring Smash 2:00 / Side
Metcon: 15 Min Cap
5 Rounds For Time:
24 DU (unbroken if capable)
12 DL (185/135)
Elite Competition Class
3 Tempo Negative Strict Handstand Push-ups
1 Pegboard Climb
1 Wall Walk
1 Gymnastic Complex:
* 1 Strict Chest to Bar Pull-up
* 1 Strict Pull-up
* 1 Kipping Pull-up
* 1 Chest to Bar Pull-up
* 1 Bar Muscle-up
5 Strict Ring Dips
5 Strict Toes to Bar
- Working through three different 5-minute windows of strict gymnastics and gymnastics skills to start the day
- These are to be completed AMRAP style, but with a focus on quality over how many total rounds you complete
- Minutes 0-5:
- Tempo Negative Strict Handstand Push-ups: 3 Seconds Down, Fast Up
- * Pegboard Ascent* – Choose a height that we feel comfortable completing at least 3 rounds with in the 5 minutes.
- Minutes 5-10:
- **Wall Walk: **Goal is Nose to Wall Video
- Gymnastics Complex: Aim to Complete Complex Unbroken
- Minutes 10-15:
- Strict Ring Dips: Choose Variation You Can Complete in 1-2 Sets
- Strict Toes to Bar: Control Legs Down to Prevent Swinging Video
18 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
12 Double Dumbbell Power Snatches (50’s/35’s)
18/12 Calorie Assault Bike
12 Devil Presses (50’s/35’s)
18 Calorie Air Runner
- We’ll complete three couplet workouts with no rest between. We’ll “build” to a Devil Press in the third couplet, by progressing from burpees, to double-dumbbell power snatches, to the two together (Devil Press).
- All 3 rounds of the burpees and chest to bars are to be completed before beginning the next couplet, and the same for couplet #3.
- Expecting this conditioning piece to take around 18-25 minutes to complete.
3 Giant Sets:
10 Slow Ring Mountain Climbers
30 Seconds Ring Plank Hold
Rest 2:00 between sets.
- Both movements in our midline piece today will be completed on the gymnastics rings
- Place your feet/hands on a bench as needed if your rings do not get low to the ground
- These 3 Giant Sets are for quality over speed, so break up reps or time in the plank as needed
- A ‘Giant Set’ means you’ll move directly from the Slow Ring Mountain Climbers to the Ring Plank Hold and rest as needed following the second station
- For the 10 Slow Ring Mountain Climbers, you’ll rest the tongue of your shoe on the inside of the ring
- Slowly move your legs back and forth in a controlled manner, completing 5 reps on each side
- The goal on both of these is to keep the core engaged, body straight, and arms locked
- See below for demo videos of both movements:
- Slow Ring Mountain Climbers: Video
- Ring Plank Hold: Video
Performance Power Training
Tuesday, January 14th, 2020
Brief: Everybody squats today, then another nasty burner today. The legs are gonna be pissed.
Jet Fuel: 200m Run
10 Kossack Squats
10 Pole Squats
Find max height:
Kneeling squat jump → Box jump
Major Lift: Red: Squat
-then 2xmax reps @80% of the heaviest set of the day
Wht/Blu: Squat vs Chains
**Compare to max 3, December 17th**
3×20 Dimmel Deadlifts https://youtu.be/UWTSNmulwJM
3×12 Sumo Goblet Squats
Hip circle party
8 min Cap!!
*5/3 Calorie Bike between every set. FINISH WITH BIKE.
*For this week, we swap the bike for the lunges and vice versa.
**This is a fast, gross, leg burner. It should be puky and fast.